Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal sends e-mail message to customers on call drops

Bharti Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal, in an email message to customers, explains reasons for call drops

By: Express Web Desk | Published:July 16, 2015 12:07 pm
Gopal Vittal, Airtel news, Airtel call drops, reasons for call drops, call drop, Indian telecom industry, Airtel spectrum, Airtel network Bharti Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal has sent an email message to customers explaining reasons for call drops

In an e-mail message to customers, Bharti Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal has listed reasons for the increasing number of call drops that Airtel users may be facing. He says that ‘spectrum’ and ‘sites’ are two ‘key components’ to delivering a good network experience. Airtel has invested over 50,000 crores on spectrum in order to ensure that the company’s customers do not have to deal with erratic networks, he added.

At the end of the message, he also requests customers to identify the location of a mobile site in the vicinity of someone’s residence so that call drops in a particular locality could be reduced.

Here’s the full text of the e-mail message:

Dear Customer,

In the last few weeks, you may have noticed some discussion on ‘call drops’. This is something that all operators are dealing with. At Airtel, providing a seamless and high quality network experience is the most important priority for us as a company. In fact, we take great pride in the quality of our network across the country. We are widely known as the brand with the best network. It therefore pains us every time you have a problem.

There are two key components to giving you a superior network experience – spectrum and sites.

We have invested heavily behind spectrum. In the last two years, we have invested over 50,000 crores on spectrum to ensure you enjoy a great network experience. We will continue to augment any additional spectrum needs as and when an auction takes place.

At the same time we are also committed to making requisite investments in additional sites to leverage this spectrum. But we have to physically install these sites. While we already make every possible effort to make this happen, placing sites has become a serious problem in most cities due to misplaced fears of the impact of sites and air waves. In fact as you read this, some of our sites are getting shut down across India. This inconveniences thousands of customers who are not clear why they experience a call drop.

The fact is that India operates under the strictest norms for mobile towers. Our emission standards are one tenth that of global averages – and much more stringent that even Europe! And finally, there are a number of elegant solutions for sites today that are power efficient and that can be installed on a roof.

Without these sites we cannot provide you the experience we desperately want you to have. You are the reason we exist and with your understanding and support we can serve you better.

So, I want to take this opportunity to ask for your help.

If you face significant call drops in your locality, can you help us find a location for a mobile site in the vicinity? All you need to do, is to click on the link below and identify the location on the map where you have a lead for us.

Help us help you at http://www.airtel.in/h

amaan ali
    Aug 22, 2017 at 12:13 am
    Sir I m amaan Ali my contact no of airtel is 8126675321 sir jabse maine airtel my 399 pack karwaya h tab see speed hi NHi aati meri home location par main coustumer care par call krta hoon to work complaint note kr leyte h par problem solve nhi hoti bus aapki team ki taraf see msg atta h your problem has been resolved Yeh kya h m samajh hi NHi pa raha help me
      DEEPANSHU
      Aug 17, 2017 at 6:40 pm
      Dear Team, I have an network issue at my home town. Also your executive provide wrong information about my plan 349. They told me for provide 5GB 4G DATA in this plan please resolve this problem so i take best service from your company. Regards Deepanshu Tyagi 8685002002, 9996601035, 09991100457
      1. I
        Iqbal Ahmad
        Jul 27, 2017 at 8:34 pm
        Hi sir I'm all most 15 yrs old customer of yours as a pre paid. No 9910373165. But last week I port my new post paid n0 from Vodafone . But unfortunately facing same issue. Please Suggest.
          partha
          Jul 24, 2017 at 7:05 pm
          Dear Sir , Greetings i have such a idea in it will blow the all the Phones for the life long, i know India local janta what they wants . thnx partha . do it urgently. partha.bera17 09234586260
            partha
            Jul 24, 2017 at 6:59 pm
            only for airtel , you will be winner , talk to me only M D of company . AIR TEL KE JADOO. it is totally desi word but it will be beat the all mobile company . talk to me urgently . partha.bera17 09234586260
              Abhishek. S Varma
              Jul 9, 2017 at 2:28 pm
              No speed 3G ,4G data connectivity My complaint is not resolved Dear sir/ Madam MO No - 9222622879 Please resolved my network facing problem and more netwark issue's. Regard Abhishek. Varma
              1. Y
                yoyoanandsingh baddipudi
                Jul 6, 2017 at 3:08 pm
                I well get sim in 1year so offers not my sim place a new offers in my number 9502332329
                  DURGESH KUMAWAT