A 40-year-old Air Force official was allegedly strangled to death by his wife and her juvenile paramour in Delhi Cantt area of South West Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The accused woman, who has been arrested in this case, had tried to make the murder look like a natural death due to heart attack. Her 17-year-old paramour has also been apprehended by the police.
“The incident took place on April 10, when Ramesh Chandra, who was a Sergeant in the Air Force was strangled to death by his 28-year-old wife Sudha Chandra with the help of her juvenile paramour,” said a police official.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
It was the day of polling in the national capital and the Air Force official was at home and had been drinking since morning. When he was heavily drunk, Sudha Chandra called her paramour who then strangled him to death.
Chandra then took him to a hospital in nearby Subrato Park area and told doctors that her husband collapsed after complaining of chest pain. Ramesh Chandra was declared brought dead by doctors who then also informed police.
As a police team reached the spot, they smelt a rat in the entire story and sent the body for postmortem.
“The concocted story blew up when the postmortem report, which was out on May 4 revealed that he died due to asphyxia following which a case of murder was registered and investigation was taken up,” the official said.
During interrogation, the needle of suspicion pointed toward Sudha Chandra. She was finally arrested on Friday after she confessed to her crime during questioning. Following her disclosure, her juvenile paramour was also apprehended and has been sent to juvenile home.
Ramesh Chandra lived with his wife and their four-year-old daughter at a government quarter provided by Air Force in Subrato Park area located in Delhi Cantt area of South West Delhi.