A 40-year-old Air Force official was allegedly strangled to death by his wife and her juvenile paramour in Delhi Cantt area of South West Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The accused woman, who has been arrested in this case, had tried to make the murder look like a natural death due to heart attack. Her 17-year-old paramour has also been apprehended by the police.
“The incident took place on April 10, when Ramesh Chandra, who was a Sergeant in the Air Force was strangled to death by his 28-year-old wife Sudha Chandra with the help of her juvenile paramour,” said a police official.
It was the day of polling in the national capital and the Air Force official was at home and had been drinking since morning. When he was heavily drunk, Sudha Chandra called her paramour who then strangled him to death.
Chandra then took him to a hospital in nearby Subrato Park area and told doctors that her husband collapsed after complaining of chest pain. Ramesh Chandra was declared brought dead by doctors who then also informed police.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
As a police team reached the spot, they smelt a rat in the entire story and sent the body for postmortem.
“The concocted story blew up when the postmortem report, which was out on May 4 revealed that he died due to asphyxia following which a case of murder was registered and investigation was taken up,” the official said.
During interrogation, the needle of suspicion pointed toward Sudha Chandra. She was finally arrested on Friday after she confessed to her crime during questioning. Following her disclosure, her juvenile paramour was also apprehended and has been sent to juvenile home.
Ramesh Chandra lived with his wife and their four-year-old daughter at a government quarter provided by Air Force in Subrato Park area located in Delhi Cantt area of South West Delhi.