Doctors from All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) have started a signature campaign to protest the removal of Haryana cadre Indian Forest Service officer Sanjiv Chaturvedi from the charge of Chief Vigilance Officer of the institute.
AIIMS Front for Social Consciousness, a body of doctors from the institute, says in the memorandum: “It is common knowledge that in the last two years Mr Chaturvedi unearthed a string of corruption cases at AIIMS, the country’s premier medical institution, doing exactly what he’s meant to as the main anti-graft watchdog.
He proved to be too hot to handle for the “honest” and “honourable” health minister and was thus shown the door halfway through his four year tenure as CVO.” The faculty association of the institute has not made any move on the issue.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The memorandum, which is yet to reach the health ministry as signatures of doctors are still being collected, also says that Chaturvedi’s appointment is valid.