Within hours of the BSF warning that any provocation from across the border would be met with high intensity retaliation, Paksitani troops intensified mortar shelling and extended it to ten more areas on Indian side of the international border since Sunday night.
Incidentally, BJP president Amit Shah and Minister of State in the PMO Dr Jitendra Singh are scheduled to R S Pura and Arnia sectors on Monday morning.
BSF Inspector General for Jammu frontiers Rakesh Sharma had on Sunday evening said that BSF troops on the ground have been instructed to deal with any incident of unprovoked firing from across the border with higher intensity. Pointing out that the BSF cannot tolerate Pakistan shelling on civilians on the Indian side, he had said the latter did not respond to its repeated phone calls and protest notes made from time to time during the last month.
Giving details, official sources said as many as 35 BSF posts were affected due to unprovoked Pakistani firing which re-started around 10 pm. Apart from R S Pura and Arnia sectors, it has spread to adjoining Ramgarh and Kanachak sectors as well.
“The BSF exercised restraint and retaliated in a caliberated and befitting manner,” sources said. While there was no casualty or damage among the BSF, the losses among civilians were being ascertained, sources said, adding that this was the 31st incident of ceasefire violation by Pakistan since July 16.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Three civilians including a woman have so far died and over half a dozen people, including a BSF jawan, injured in firing from across the border so far. As there has been no let up in mortar shelling from across the border, more people have started shifting to safer places.
The police and paramilitary forces have already advised people to switch off their lights after sunset so as to avoid direct attack in residential areas by Pakistan. The male members of these families go to their native places during the day and after giving fodder to their cattle return to their camps by evening.