After slashing petrol prices by up to Rs 2.50 a litre, the Government is working hard to deliver on its Lok Sabha poll promises and its eyes are now on diesel price reduction, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Sunday.
“We are working hard to deliver on our promises. We stopped rise of prices and we slashed price of petrol by up to Rs 2.50. Our eyes are now on diesel,” he said. In the third reduction in rates this month, petrol price was cut last midnight by Rs 1.82 a litre though diesel rate was raised by 50 paise per litre.
The Home Minister was addressing a public gathering in Hathin in Haryana’s Palwal district on the culmination of BJP’s ‘Vijay Sankalp Yatra.’ Commenting on the performance of Narendra Modi Government, Singh said even though three months was a short time to judge the new dispensation, the government from day one is at work to realize the dreams and aspirations of the people.
Referring to the Jan Dhan scheme started recently, Singh said on a single day 1.5 crore accounts have been opened. “No family will be left without having a bank account, that time will come in next couple of years,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016