Two sisters from Rateu village, 100 km from Barmer, were raped by three youths on August 16 while they were returning from the police station where they lodged a complaint against their uncle for repeated harassment.
The sisters, aged 18 and 20, were allegedly socially ostracised by the villagers after their siblings were arrested for the murder of their cousin. Since the killing, locals say, the girls were also being harassed by their uncle.
On August 16 after filing a complaint against their uncle, they were walking down the 10-km stretch from the main road to their village when the accused, who were allegedly inebriated, attacked them.
The victims have bite marks on their body and serious injuries to their private parts, police officials said. “Medical reports confirm rape. We have already nabbed two of the accused, Birda Ram and Chatura Ram, while the involvement of a third is being probed,” Barmer SP Hemant Sharma told The Indian Express.
“The victims in their handwritten complaint on August 17 mentioned attempt to rape. Later on Wednesday they approached me and reported rape. The relevant section has been added to the original complaint,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While Sharma maintained that the accused are not related to the victims and the incident might not have been pre-planned, locals in the village said that the girls’ relatives might have incited the youths to commit the crime.