Narendra Modi’s “ABCD” jibe at Congress over corruption on Wednesday triggered a retort that his alphabetical primer begins with ‘F’–Fake Encounterand he was also compared to controversial English captain Douglas Jardine who used ‘body line’ bowling tactics to intimidate rival batsmen.
“I do not know whether they are learning the A B C D of politics or they are not learning the X Y Z of politics,but I do know that the alphabetical primer that he follows starts with F that stands for Fake Encounter and ends with G which stands for Genocide,” Tewari told reporters in Ludhiana.
Modi,while addressing a massive rally in Jaipur yesterday,had said that the country should be rid of Congress rule to make it corruption free. He had devised an alphabetical primer to take a jibe at the Congress over a spate of graft cases and said “A for Adarsh Ghotala,B for Bofors Ghotala,C for Coal ghotala,D for Damad ka ghotala (corruption)… this is the new A B C D… which the Congress adopted to introduce a new book of alphabets for children.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Countering Modi’s taunt,Tewari said the nation very well knows the alphabetical primer that he (Modi) follows or his government has been following. Union Minister and Congress leader Jairam Ramesh also hit back comparing Modi with Jardine who used “bodyline” tactics against Australian batsmen to intimidate them.
“Mr Modi after Douglas Jardine…Mr Modi is a practioner of body line and you know what Bill Woodfull said when body line was taking place,he said there are two teams out there and one of them is not playing cricket.
“The abrasive and the abusive manner in which he (Modi) carries on a campaign…we do not want to follow in the same category but at the same time he is a political reality.” Douglas Robert Jardine,a right-handed batsman,is best known for captaining the English team during the 1932-33 Ashes tour of Australia.
During that series,England employed ‘bodyline’ tactics against the Australian batsmen,wherein bowlers pitched the ball short on the line of leg stump to rise towards the bodies of the batsmen in a manner that most contemporary players and critics viewed as intimidatory and physically dangerous.
Ramesh said the style of working of Rahul Gandhi is different from Modi as the Congress Vice President keeps a low profile. “He is not like Modi to keep chest thumping,” he said. “Modi only keeps talking about himself. I,I,I,me,me,me. I am your Alibaba. I am the guy who got your ‘Jaddu ki Chadi’ (Magic wand),” he said about the BJP leader.