In an indication that BJP patriarch L K Advani may have lost even his last privilege within the saffron ranks, the room earmarked for the veteran parliamentarian suggested that he is no longer the working chairman of the NDA, a position he held till Narendra Modi’s election as BJP parliamentary party leader on May 20.
Advani, who was allotted room number 4 in the Parliament by virtue of being the working chairman of the NDA, had stopped sitting in the room as the Lok Sabha convened last week on the ground that his stint as the working chairman had expired with the expiry of the 15th Lok Sabha.
Subsequently, the name plate with his designation was also removed from that room creating embarrassment for the party leaders as Advani was found looking for a place to sit for a cup of tea last week.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In an apparent attempt to avoid more embarrassment, Advani’s name plate was restored where it was, but there was no designation on it, indicating that the party patriarch has finally been relieved of the responsibility.