By: Liz Mathew
Senior leaders L K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi may not find a place in either the BJP parliamentary board or its central election committee which are set to be reconstituted by party president Amit Shah.
Instead, in order to accommodate them, the BJP is contemplating forming a ‘Margdarshak Mandal’, which will be an advisory board providing the new leadership guidance. The ailing Atal Bihari Vajpayee apart from a few other senior leaders may also be included in it.
Having announced his new team of office-bearers, Shah is expected to reveal a revamped parliamentary board — the highest decision-making body of the party — and a central election committee soon. Sources said Shah wants these panels to have only active leaders rather than senior names who can’t be expected to do the kind of work he wants at the ground level towards the goal of a “BJP or BJP-led government from Jammu and Kashmir to Kerala, and from Gujarat to Nagaland”.
The current 13-member parliamentary board has six former party presidents — including, Vajpayee, Joshi and Advani, as well as Rajnath Singh, Nitin Gadkari and M Venkaiah Naidu. Shah may find it difficult to lead this panel, given he would be the junior-most among them.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The central election committee has 18 members, also including Vajpayee, Joshi and Advani.
Said one leader, “Shah’s style of functioning is different. He wants people who can work hard and bring results rather than just give advise and criticise. And discipline is also a major factor.”