Even as the CBI raided 12 premises – including residences to influential former Congress ministers – in Guwahati Thursday in connection with the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam, the All Assam Students’ Union (AASU) Friday revealed that it too had taken Rs 7.5 lakh “as donation” from the controversial company.
“Yes. We did take a donation of Rs 7.5 lakh from Saradha. That was in 2011. We took it cheque. We have no hesitation in admitting that,” said AASU president Sankar Prasad Roy here today. Roy also revealed that a CBI team had gone to his residence yesterday and inquired about the Saradha donation.
Meanwhile, AASU advisor Samujjal Bhattacharyya said the student body takes donations from various business houses, “We take donations from different business houses to run our organization. Yes, our president has admitted taking Rs 7.5 lakh from Saradha. It was through a cheque. We can give the details if required,” he said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The CBI, which had raided among others, residences of powerful former Assam health and education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and another former minister Anjan Dutta, today conducted search in the residence of Manoranjana Singh, editor-in-chief of the now defunct Frontier TV, a Guwahati-based TV news channel.
The CBI had yesterday also raided residences of former Assam DGP Shankar Barua and well-known singer and filmmaker Sadananda Gogoi, apart from conducting search in the office of NewsLive, TV news channel owned by former health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma’s wife Riniki Bhuyan Sarma.