The Aam Adami Party (AAP) and Media Sarkar,a news portal which conducted a sting operation showing some AAP candidates accepting funds allegedly through illegal means,filed complaints against each other at Indirapuram police station in Ghaziabad on Sunday.
Anuranjan Jha,CEO of Media Sarkar,in a written complaint against AAP,alleged that he was getting threatening calls from its activists.
“Jha has said in his complaint that he has been getting threats on his phone from AAP activists for the last few days “Besides,Jha’s complaint alleged that he is also being threatened through SMS and AAP activists are using abusive language against him,” Deputy Superintendent of Police,Ranvijay Singh said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
AAP leader and poet Kumar Vishwas also approached Indirapuram police station with his complaint against the web portal.
“Kumar has alleged in his written complaint that criminal conspiracy is being fabricated against him by Anuranjan Jha,” the officer said. “We have got complaints from both sides and are now investigating allegations,” the DSP said,adding that after going through investigation,police would take action.
AAP leaders have met Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath and the Election Commissioners on Friday,asking them to stop the circulation of the CD saying it was a violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
The media portal has handed over a copy of the CD of the sting operation sought by the Delhi CEO.
Delhi Chief Electoral officer Vijay Dev said on Friday,”We have received the CD from the media portal ‘Media Sarkar’ and started analysing it and action will be taken accordingly.”
The sting operation alleged that several AAP leaders,who were contacted for their help in helping recover money from some individuals and getting through some controversial land deals,readily agreed to extend their support in return for donations in cash to the party.
The charges have been dismissed as baseless by AAP.