The Aam Adami Party (AAP) and Media Sarkar,a news portal which conducted a sting operation showing some AAP candidates accepting funds allegedly through illegal means,filed complaints against each other at Indirapuram police station in Ghaziabad on Sunday.
Anuranjan Jha,CEO of Media Sarkar,in a written complaint against AAP,alleged that he was getting threatening calls from its activists.
“Jha has said in his complaint that he has been getting threats on his phone from AAP activists for the last few days “Besides,Jha’s complaint alleged that he is also being threatened through SMS and AAP activists are using abusive language against him,” Deputy Superintendent of Police,Ranvijay Singh said.
AAP leader and poet Kumar Vishwas also approached Indirapuram police station with his complaint against the web portal.
“Kumar has alleged in his written complaint that criminal conspiracy is being fabricated against him by Anuranjan Jha,” the officer said. “We have got complaints from both sides and are now investigating allegations,” the DSP said,adding that after going through investigation,police would take action.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
AAP leaders have met Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath and the Election Commissioners on Friday,asking them to stop the circulation of the CD saying it was a violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
The media portal has handed over a copy of the CD of the sting operation sought by the Delhi CEO.
Delhi Chief Electoral officer Vijay Dev said on Friday,”We have received the CD from the media portal ‘Media Sarkar’ and started analysing it and action will be taken accordingly.”
The sting operation alleged that several AAP leaders,who were contacted for their help in helping recover money from some individuals and getting through some controversial land deals,readily agreed to extend their support in return for donations in cash to the party.
The charges have been dismissed as baseless by AAP.