Differences in Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) came out in the open on Wednesday with party MLA Vinod Kumar Binny accusing the Delhi Government of deviating from its principles and poll promises and calling Arvind Kejriwal a “liar”.
Binny, a former Congressman who had publicly displayed his unhappiness after he was left out of the cabinet in December, also threatened to “expose” the party at a press conference tomorrow while slamming it for “failing” to fulfil the promises made to people of Delhi.
Rubbishing the MLA’s criticism, Kejriwal said, “First, he had come to me for ministership, we refused. After that, he wanted to contest the Lok Sabha polls. He came to my house to ask for the ticket. The party has decided that all sitting MLAs would not be given tickets for the Lok Sabha polls.”
Binny immediately denied demanding either ministership or ticket to contest the Lok Sabha polls, saying it was the “biggest lie if he (Kejriwal) has made the statement that I went to him for Lok Sabha ticket. I even never soght the post of minister.”
Earlier, the MLA said there has been lot of difference between what the party promised and how the government was working.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I will divulge all these things in a press conference tomorrow to ensure accountability and transparency in the party,” the Laxmi Nagar MLA told reporters.
Binny said he was not upset over not becoming a minister and wants to raise the issues in public interest.
“I am not upset over anything. The party is drifting from the main issues. Hence, it is important for us to make them realise that we are in the party for its cause and the issues it raised,” the MLA said.
Kejriwal said there was a meeting on Tuesday of all 70 candidates who contested the Delhi polls but the MLA did not raise a single point in the meeting.
“I do not know what his intentions are and I do not even want to get into it. We are the most sensitive government towards resolving issues. We welcome criticism, be it the public, media or the BJP,” he said.
The Chief Minister said party leader Yogendra Yadav will handle the issue.