In the fiercest attack yet by outside supporter Congress on the AAP, senior party leader Salman Khurshid Wednesday dubbed it as “anarchist” with “Jurassic” ideas out to destroy the system and also with some of the “worst, stinking, third grade” people across the country.
Khurshid’s harsh criticism of the ruling party in Delhi was followed by another salvo fired by party colleague Sandeep Dikshit who alleged that the AAP was not proactive in its response to the incident of a gangrape of a Danish tourist here because she does not have a vote in the Capital.
The External Affairs Minister also claimed the AAP is “not in the race” in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls and is “mistaken” if it thinks so.
“They are Jurassic. They smell of anarchy. They just demean everything that has been time-tested. They ridicule anything. They question and demean anything… AAP is a real threat to our system. They are anarchist. They want to destroy the system. They are anarchist either by choice or by ignorance,” Khurshid told NDTV.
His remarks came a day after Arvind Kejriwal-led party claimed over 10 lakh people joined it in the last five days of its ongoing nationwide membership drive.
“AAP has some of the worst, third grade people across the country. I have been to districts where I have found that the worst stinking persons are the first to join the AAP…they are lucky today because every stink is described as a fragrance for good for them,” Khurshid said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He also claimed that in the very short time of 15 days since the AAP formed government in Delhi, it has done enough “damage” to a sensible person’s perception about them.
Eight MLAs of Congress are providing crucial outside support to the AAP government in Delhi.
Attacking the AAP chief over his style of functioning, he said, “Kejriwal redefines rules,…moves the goalpost every time he likes. This is not going to work in a nation like ours. The sooner he gets to discover what he is, what his limits are, the better it will be.”
Referring to the Danish woman rape incident, Dikshit said,” I think they (AAP) also believe that she is not a woman who has a vote in Delhi.”
“So for them, it’s not girls or women who matter. It’s only people and their emotions as of that time that may get them votes in Delhi,” the Congress MP from Delhi said.