The Reliance gas pricing issue is likely to find a place in Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) manifesto as the new party has already indicated that it will be among the major issues to target BJP and Congress in the Lok Sabha election.
Also, with BJP and AAP both trying to occupy the political space created by a weakened Congress, the party will launch more fervent attacks on Narendra Modi in coming days.
“Arvind (Kejriwal) has been targeting both the BJP and the Congress. The party will make this a major poll issue with which it can target both the parties over the corruption issue. The party will also add this in its poll manifesto,” said a party leader.
“Just see how Arvind (Kejriwal) and the party raise the issue after April 1 when the new rates for the gas will be implemented. This is an issue with a pan-national appeal.
“We will make it more difficult for both the BJP and Congress over the issue,” another party leader added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Before the AAP-led government resigned this month, it had ordered the Anti-Corruption Branch to register an FIR against Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani and Union Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily over irregularities in pricing of gas from Krishna-Godavari basin.
Kejriwal had even alleged that the BJP and Congress had colluded to bring down his government after he registered an FIR against Ambani. The former Delhi Chief Minister has also written letters to Modi and Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi asking them to come clean over the issue.
“The party has been more careful about the words used in the letters to both Modi and Gandhi. It reads like Kejriwal is asking questions over the gas issue, but also covers a host of other pricking issues like party funds,” a party source said.
Attacking BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will also be a major strategy for the party.
“The Congress is a not a force in Delhi anymore, but we have to counter the BJP here”, a party leader said.
Apart from it, there are states like Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab where the BJP is strong and even we are trying to make inroads there. In states like Haryana where the BJP is not a strong force, but its chances have brightened because of Modi. Hitting out at Modi can help us to bag those anti-Congress votes, which can go to the BJP,” he said.
The party too has launched an all out attack on Modi on all fronts — right from party leaders’ speeches to social media. The attacks have increased especially after Kejriwal resigned as the Chief Minister this month.
Interestingly, it has not only been raising the gas pricing issue, but it has been attacking the Gujarat Chief Minister over the issue of corruption and governance.
The party has been slamming Modi for retaining “tainted and corrupt” ministers in his cabinet and also supporting former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, a staunch Modi supporter who recently rejoined the party.
Even senior party leader Yogendra Yadav launched an attack on Modi over the killing of former Home Minister Haren Pandya.
“Who killed BJP leader Haren Pandya, Gujarat’s Ex home minister? Will his family ever get justice after a 11 year wait? he asked.
The High Court overturned the conviction of those framed by Gujarat Police. Why no reinvestigation so far? Who killed Pandya?
Haren Pandya assassination: Guj HC passed strictures against shoddy investigation. No Re-Inquiry yet. Who is afraid of the truth coming out?” Yadav had said in a series of tweets on February 19.