Former R&AW Chief A S Dulat’s book has generated curiosity in Kashmir. His book ‘Kashmir: The Vajpayee Years’ is one of the best sellers in valley. On Monday, the first lot of 100 books was sold in less than four hours and there is advance booking for the new lot that is yet to arrive.
Shiekh Aijaz Ahmad, owner of the Gulshan Boo.ks said that 100 copies of the book were sold till afternoon on Monday and people from all walks of life had bought the book “We saw a shift in the buyers, they included people from different age groups and the non-traditional readers,” said Aijaz.
- Kashmir is in pre-’96 era, Narendra Modi is in the best position to handle it: R&AW chief A S Dulat
- Book Review – AS Dulat’s ‘Kashmir: The Vajpayee Years’
- A S Dulat’s book: ‘To counter ISI killings, we talked of tit-for-tat… That Geelani still alive is tribute to our liberalism’
- Former R&AW chief A S Dulat’s book: ‘Sent to disrupt J&K movement in friendliest manner’
- Former R&AW chief AS Dulat’s revelations: Congress, BJP spar over Gujarat riots, Kandahar hijack claims
- AS Dulat’s allegation a ‘Himalayan lie’, says Syed Salahuddin’s son
Many people in the valley have ordered the book from various online websites but are yet to receive the order. “The book is in demand in New Delhi also and our next order that will arrive at 4pm on Tuesday is only for 100 books, for which we have already received advanced orders,” Aijaz said.
In his memoir, the former R&AW chief has written about the informal initiatives and track II dialogues on Kashmir. “As a Kashmiri I want to know about the politics of the state as we have no clear idea about what is happening between the two big nations,” said Salik Ahmad, who received the book from a friend in New Delhi.