Recounting the fear and shock following the derailment of the Rajdhani Express, passengers of the the New Delhi-Dibrugarh train on Wednesday said it was a “night to forget”.
Rita Nath of Guwahati, who suffered injured on her head and chest in the derailment, said, “All the passengers in the coach had dinner early and went to sleep. “I was sleeping on my berth when I suddenly felt the train tilting to one side. It tumbled over before I could get up. I lost consciousness after that,” Rita told reporters from her bed at the Patna Medical College and Hospital.
“I regained consciousness after some time. It was dark all around. My limbs were numb and my head was paining. Some people pulled me out. I was thinking of death. This is one night I would like to forget in my life,” she said. 13-year-old Mauli Dhawan, was also sleeping when the accident took place. She was travelling with her relative Pawan Kumar and bot have suffered head injuries.
Mauli said, “One uncle broke the window of my coach. He pressed my head, which was bleeding. Somebody wrapped a bandage and I was brought here.” Kavita Saikia of Tinsukia in Assam escaped unhurt, but her husband Achintya Saikia was not so lucky. He received head injuries and cuts on his legs.
“I am worried because he is a heart patient. We had gone to Delhi for his treatment and while returning had got berths in B-2 compartment. Most of the people travelling in my coach were injured. We were were rescued after much effort,” said Kavita.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More