Syed Akbaruddin,the official spokesperson of Ministry of External Affairs,on Saturday said that India would continue its quest to bring to justice the perpetrators of 1993 Mumbai blasts and that the dossier relating to Mumbai blasts has never been closed by India even as Pakistan special envoy Shahryar Khan citing that he had been misquoted reportedly took a U-turn over his reported remarks where he had said Dawood Ibrahim,who is the prime accused in the blasts in question,had been chased out of Pakistan.
Akbaruddin,who was in Amritsar on Saturday along with his family to pay obeisance at Golden Temple,said he had gone through the media reports over the issue (relating to Shahryars statement).
Akbaruddin said dossier relating to Mumbai blasts had never been closed by India. With new information pouring in,Akrabuddin said,we would bring perpetrators of Mumbai blasts to justice,wherever they were.
The 1993 Mumbai bomb blast dossier has never been closed by us. We will continue quest to bring to justice those involved,wherever they are, Akbaruddin later tweeted.
Hours after saying that Dawood had been chased out of Pakistan and he may be in the UAE,Shahryar Khan,Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharifs special envoy for improving relations with India,said he had no idea whether the gangster was in the country.
I have never,never,when I was in the Foreign Ministry or now… (I) do not know where Dawood Ibrahim lives. I am only reflecting what the press has been saying,the Pakistani press have been saying about the gentleman, Khan said. The Ministry of Interior would have probably known but the Foreign Ministry does not. I have no idea whether he is in Pakistan,if he ever has been (there), he said.
Dawood is wanted for coordinating the 1993 bombings in Mumbai,through one of his subordinates,Tiger Memon,which killed over 250 people and left hundreds of others injured.