District authorities have constituted 84 police teams to arrest the 244 absconding accused who are facing charges over the riots last year in the area, police said on Sunday. SSP HN Singh told reporters that 84 police teams, each led by a gazetted officer, have been set up to arrest 244 absconding riots accused who have been identified by a Special Investigation Team.
While 220 of the accused are facing charges for murder, loot and arson, 24 of them are named in six gangrape cases. Police said they are facing resistance from locals as they try to arrest the riots accused residing in villages in the area. Thus, only two of the 39 accused in the Kutba killings have been arrested. Eight people, including a woman, were killed and 24 injured in the attack on Kutba village during the riots in September of last year.
Out of the 24 persons facing gangrape allegations, only one has been arrested. Court has initiated attachment proceedings under provisions of CrPC against the absconding accused. More than 60 persons were killed and hundreds injured in last year’s communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations