An eight-year-old minor girl was brutally gangraped and murdered in the wee hours on Thursday at Rajnagar village in east Midnapore. Eyewitnesses claimed that the minor was hanging from a tree when her family members and other villagers traced her in the morning. She was hanged after being strangulated with a belt, said villagers.
The angry mob attacked the house of Ratan Das, who was accused in the crime. Das, 60, was lynched and his house was set on fire. Police could rescue two other accused persons who were also beaten by the irate mob.
The minor victim was a student of a local primary school, Mulakhop Primary school. She was missing since Wednesday evening. The villagers and her parents searched for her the whole night, however, they did not lodge a missing complaint. On Thursday, her body was found hanging with a belt from a tree.
The family members of the victim have lodged a complaint of gangrape and murder against three accused persons, including Ratan Das, who was lynched on Thursday morning. The villagers claimed that Ratan Das was notorious in the village for misbehaving with minor girls and he was warned several times by the villagers.
Sukesh Jain, SP, east Midnapore said, “Police reached the spot and recovered the body of the victim. The family members did not file a police complaint yesterday. Police rushed to the spot after the local police station was informed. We could rescue two of the accused persons while the prime accused has been lynched. We have sent the body of the victim for an autopsy. A case of gang rape and murder has been registered. We are now investigating into the matter.” Meanwhile, a huge police force has been sent to the village to maintain peace in the area.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016