An eight-year-old boy died after he consumed about 300 ml liquor, a leftover of a party held by his father at their home in Kerala’s Pathanamthitta district Monday.
Police said the boy was alone at home on Sunday afternoon. His father and the mother had gone to attend separate functions. When they returned home, the parents saw the son in an unconscious state. Later in the evening, he gained normalcy at a hospital.
He told the doctors and parents that he had consumed liquor. Early Monday morning, his condition worsened and he died.
Quoting forensic surgeon, the police said the boy died due to excess alcohol intake.
The father told the police that he had turned a teetotaller recently, but a bottle of Bacardi rum was kept at home for his friends. After the recent get-together of the friends, about 350 ml of liquor was left in the bottle. The boy seemed to have consumed almost 300 ml of rum. A case of unnatural death was registered.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016