Eight persons were charred to death and 14 others were injured when a luxury bus collided with a diesel tanker near Kude village on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Highway in the wee hours on Wednesday.
The luxury bus was going to Ahmedabad from Pune when it collided with the tanker at Kude village within the Manor police station limits in Palghar taluka.
The accident took place around 1.45 AM. The tanker belonged to the BPCL and was carrying diesel towards Hazira in Gujarat. Due to the collision, both the vehicles immediately caught fire, police said.
As per the initial reports, all the deceased were occupants of the ill-fated bus.
“The bodies could not be identified as they are charred beyond recognition. The bodies have been sent for postmortem.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The district administration is in the process of contacting the bus operator to get the names of the passengers travelling in the bus,” Thane District Collector P Velrasu told PTI here.
The administration is making all efforts to establish the identify of the victims and those identified would be handed over after due verification, he added.
The injured are undergoing treatment at Manor Rural Hospital and are said to be out of danger.
Fire engines from the nearby areas brought the fire under control, officials said, adding that the district and police authorities are supervising the relief and rescue operations.
On May 29, 2013 a similar accident involving a luxury bus and tanker close to this spot had left 14 people dead and 40