73 girls admitted to hospital for food poisoning

Seventy three girls from a government hostel in Shegaon,Buldana district,suffered food poisoning Sunday night after having dinner at the mess

Written by Express News Service | Nagpur | Updated: April 9, 2014 2:47 pm

Seventy three girls from a government hostel in Shegaon,Buldana district,suffered food poisoning Sunday night after having dinner at the mess. The dinner comprised chapatis,urad dal and rice. More than 70 girls started vomiting minutes after they had the meal. They had to be hospitalised,said SP Shyam Digawkar,adding that all of them were out of danger.

Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar hostel for girls is managed by Social Welfare Department. It houses 217 students. Mess contractor Pratibha Khillare has been arrested.

There were reports of food in the mess containing non-edible material earlier,too.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

  1. No Comments.