- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
7 VVPAT machines develop snag during Mizoram polls
Seven VVPAT machines developed technical snag during polling for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Mizoram on Friday, election office sources said here.
By VVPAT (Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail) mechanism, a voter can confirm whether his or her vote cast through the Electronic Voting Machine has gone to the candidate of his/her choice.
While three VVPAT machines developed problems during mock poll in the morning, four more machines were found to be not functioning after the actual polling began at 7 AM, thesources said.
Engineers of the Bharat Electronics Limited, manufacturers of the machines, were sent to repair them.
The state election department was using VVPAT in 385 polling stations across 10 Assembly segments within Aizawl city limits, all the eight district headquarters and other major towns.