Seven VVPAT machines developed technical snag during polling for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Mizoram on Friday, election office sources said here.
By VVPAT (Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail) mechanism, a voter can confirm whether his or her vote cast through the Electronic Voting Machine has gone to the candidate of his/her choice.
While three VVPAT machines developed problems during mock poll in the morning, four more machines were found to be not functioning after the actual polling began at 7 AM, thesources said.
Engineers of the Bharat Electronics Limited, manufacturers of the machines, were sent to repair them.
The state election department was using VVPAT in 385 polling stations across 10 Assembly segments within Aizawl city limits, all the eight district headquarters and other major towns.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016