Seven of Indias restaurants have been included in the top 50 best restaurants list from Asia for the year 2013.
Tokyo restaurant Narisawa,which combines French cuisine with earthy Japanese tones,was named Asias best restaurant at the inaugural S.Pelligrino Asias 50 Best Restaurants awards,held in Singapore on Monday,CNN Travel reported.
Known for his wild imagination,chef Noshihiro Narisawas restaurant has grown a massive following by serving dishes made with seasonal ingredients.
An offshoot of the famed Worlds 50 Best Restaurants awards,Asias 50 Best Restaurants were voted on by a group of more than 900 international members of The Diners Club Worlds 50 Best Restaurants Academy.
The panel is made up of food critics,chefs,restaurateurs and culinary experts.
The top gong wasnt unexpected — Yoshihiro Narisawas Tokyo-based restaurant has consistently rated among Asias highest on the S.Pelligrino global list. Narisawa was ranked 27th on the Worlds Best Restaurants 2012 list.
This year saw a version of the awards focus solely on Asia.
Another Tokyo restaurant,Nihonryori Ryugin,placed second. In third is Bangkoks Nahm restaurant — one of two Thai eateries in the top 10.
Amber restaurant,in Landmark Mandarin Oriental hotel in fourth place was deemed Hong Kongs best restaurant,while Singapores Restaurant Andre rounded out the first five places.
S.Pelligrino Asias 50 Best Restaurants for 2013 are:
1. Narisawa (Tokyo)
2. Nihonryori Ryugin (Tokyo)
3. Nahm (Bangkok)
4. Amber (Hong Kong)
5. Restaurant Andre (Singapore)
6. 8½ Otto e Mezzo Bombana (Hong Kong)
7. Mr & Mrs Bund (Shanghai)
8. Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet (Shanghai)
9. Iggys (Singapore)
10. Gaggan (Bangkok)
11. Waku Ghin (Singapore)
12. Caprice (Hong Kong)
13. Lung King Heen (Hong Kong)
14. Les Amis (Singapore)
15. Bo Innovation (Hong Kong)
16. Quintessence (Tokyo)
17. Dum Pukht (New Delhi)
18. The Chairman (Hong Kong)
19. Eat Me (Bangkok)
20. Wasabi by Morimoto (Mumbai)
21. Hajime Restaurant (Osaka,Japan)
22. Jaan (Singapore)
23. Latelier De Joel Robuchon (Hong Kong)
24. Latelier De Joel Robuchon (Singapore)
25. 28 HuBin Road (Hangzhou,China)
26. Bukhara (New Delhi)
27. Sushi Mizutani (Tokyo)
28. Indigo (Mumbai)
29. Sra Bua by Kiin Kiin (Bangkok)
30. Varq (New Delhi)
31. Aronia de Takazawa (Tokyo)
32. Shinji by Kanesaka (Singapore)
33. Kahala (Osaka,Japan)
34. Franck Bistro (Shanghai)
35. Osteria Mozza (Singapore)
36. Bo.Lan (Bangkok)
37. Robuchon au Dôme (Macau,China)
38. Nihonbashi (Colombo,Sri Lanka)
39. Sushi Saito (Tokyo)
40. Fu1015 (Shanghai)
41. Indian Accent (New Delhi)
42. Ishikawa (Tokyo)
43. Gunthers (Singapore)
44. Karavalli (Bangalore,India)
45. Jade on 36 (Shanghai)
46. Yardbird (Hong Kong)
47. Dons (Hanoi,Vietnam)
48. Fook Lam Moon (Hong Kong)
49. Imperial Treasure Super Peking Duck (Singapore)
50. Mozaic (Bali,Indonesia) (ANI)