Seven children were killed and nine others, including adults and minors, were injured in neighbouring Burhanpur district when boundary wall of a religious place collapsed due to heavy rains, police said.
The mishap occurred Sunday night when the 40-feet high boundary wall of a gurudwara, situated in Daulatpura area, collapsed following heavy rains trapping people sleeping in a number of huts constructed nearby, Shikarpura police station in-charge Ajit Tiwari told reporters.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Among the injured, the condition of two was serious and they were referred to Indore, he said, adding that the others were undergoing treatment in the district hospital.
The deceased were identified as Jainub Altaf (15), Usman Altaf (11), Mohsin Altaf (13), Asma Hafiz (02), Manisha (1) Sannisa (4 months) and Afreen (6 months).
The victims belonged to four different families, he said.
A case has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.