Seven children were killed and nine others, including adults and minors, were injured in neighbouring Burhanpur district when boundary wall of a religious place collapsed due to heavy rains, police said.
The mishap occurred Sunday night when the 40-feet high boundary wall of a gurudwara, situated in Daulatpura area, collapsed following heavy rains trapping people sleeping in a number of huts constructed nearby, Shikarpura police station in-charge Ajit Tiwari told reporters.
Among the injured, the condition of two was serious and they were referred to Indore, he said, adding that the others were undergoing treatment in the district hospital.
The deceased were identified as Jainub Altaf (15), Usman Altaf (11), Mohsin Altaf (13), Asma Hafiz (02), Manisha (1) Sannisa (4 months) and Afreen (6 months).
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The victims belonged to four different families, he said.
A case has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.