62 school kids fall ill after consuming poisonous seeds

After reaching home from school Saturday, the kids had complained of headache, vomiting and stomach disorders.

By: Press Trust of India | Raipur | Updated: February 15, 2015 9:13:04 pm
school kids, school children All of them were discharged from hospitals on Sunday after their condition improved. They are stable now, he said.

At least 62 students of a government school fell ill after they consumed seeds of the poisonous Jatropha plant in Chhattisgarh’s Bemetara district.

Government primary and middle school students of Luk village in Saja block fell ill after they ate the seeds outside the school premises on Saturday, Bemetara Collector Basavraju S told PTI Sunday.

All of them were discharged from hospitals on Sunday after their condition improved. They are stable now, he said.

After reaching home from school Saturday, the kids had complained of headache, vomiting and stomach disorders.

“As soon as their parents realised that their kids had consumed Jatropha seeds, they were rushed to a primary health centre of Saja Saturday evening.”

“As many as 62 students who developed complications after eating the poisonous seeds, were brought to Saja. Later, 40 of them were shifted to the Bemetara district hospital for further treatment,” the collector said.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

Share your thoughts
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adda
Advertisement
Advertisement