The CRPF Friday apprehended six suspected Naxals and seized over 1,000 booby traps and shrapnel aimed to ambush security forces, during an anti-Naxal operation conducted along the Andhra-Chhattisgarh border.
Sources said the operation, conducted along the Cherla-Kistarm area in the bordering Khammam district along the forests of Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, was a joint operation comprising a squad of about 300 troops launched by the CRPF, the special counter-Naxal force of AP ‘Greyhounds’ and state police forces of both the states early Friday.
“One alleged Naxalite was killed in the operation while six others have been apprehended,” an official said.
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
A total of 180 booby traps and 855 iron spikes have been seized from the Naxalite hideout, the official said, adding a search operation is on to look for more ultras.
‘Maoist leader’ arrested in Bihar
Aurangabad: A Maoist leader was Friday arrested from a village in Bihar’s Aurangabad district, police said. The police raided Gamharia village and nabbed alleged CPI (Maoist) ultra Awadesh Yadav while he was meeting someone to deliberate a boycott of LS polls in Aurangabad, Additional SP, Operations, Rajesh Kumar Bharti said. Yadav was said to be the outfit’s sub-zonal commander. A country-made rifle, ammunition and material related to poll were recovered. PTI