Nearly 50 villages in the district have been cut-off from the tehsil headquarters and two bridges remained submerged as heavy rains continued to lash Thane on Wednesday.
About 50 villages of Murbad and Palghar talukas have been marooned and the villagers are being shifted to safer places, disaster control room officer Jaideep Visave said.
The worst hit are areas of Palghar, Vasai, Dahanu and Vikramgadh, he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
At Manor in Palghar taluka, nearly 24 people who were stranded in a flooded resort, situated near Vaitarna river, were rescued last evening, he said.
Because of the heavy downpour, the Maswan bridge on the Palghar-Manor road was submerged since the last two days. Also, the bridge between Murbad and Rahta remained submerged leading to closure of the Murbad road.
Villages around the area have been cut-off from the outside world, Visave said.
In western part of Thane’s Badlapur township, several houses were marooned and many people rendered homeless due to flooding, the official said.
Police and firemen rushed to Badlapur at around midnight last night and carried out rescue operations.
A teenaged boy on Tuesday drowned in New Shivaji Nagar lake at Kalwa where he had gone for a swim along with his friends, a civic official had earlier said.