Five police personnel and three polling officials were killed when suspected Maoists targeted the bus in which they were travelling in Sikaripara block of Dumka district on Thursday evening.
According to officials, the incident occurred at around 4.30 pm, when an IED placed under a bridge went off as the bus was passing over it. The Maoists are also reported to have fired at the team, which was returning from a polling booth in Asna village.
Ten people were injured in the attack. Security personnel took a couple of hours to reach the spot.
Shivshankar Rajak, whose father was one of the polling officials, said, “My father, Ram Pratap Rajak, called up my mother at around 6 pm and said he had received a bullet injury on his leg. He said he had lost a lot of blood.”
While some parts of Jharkhand voted in two phases held earlier, polling for the Dumka, Rajmahal, Godda and Dhanbad Lok Sabha seats was held on Thursday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More