Five Indians, including three from one family, and an Indian-origin Canadian were among the 239 people on board the Beijing-bound Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing and is presumed to have crashed today.
The five have been identified as Chetna Kolekar, Swanand Kolekar, Suresh Kolekar, Chandrika Sharma and Prahlad Shirsatha, Indian Embassy in Beijing said. One Indian-origin Canadian Muktesh Mukherjee was also on board the flight.
Other details of the Indians on board were not immediately available. The Boeing 777-200 Flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to
Beijing with 227 passengers, including two infants, from 14 different nationalities and 12 crew members disappeared at
0240 local time (23:10 IST) last night.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Malaysia Airlines said the last point of contact with the plane was approximately 120 nautical miles east of Kota Baru in South China Sea. The airlines group chief executive officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said a search and rescue mission had been
launched in the area after the aircraft lost contact.
Meanwhile, Malaysia Airlines is learnt to have informed family members of the passengers to gather at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport this evening with valid passports.