Five Indians, including three from one family, and an Indian-origin Canadian were among the 239 people on board the Beijing-bound Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing and is presumed to have crashed today.
The five have been identified as Chetna Kolekar, Swanand Kolekar, Suresh Kolekar, Chandrika Sharma and Prahlad Shirsatha, Indian Embassy in Beijing said. One Indian-origin Canadian Muktesh Mukherjee was also on board the flight.
Other details of the Indians on board were not immediately available. The Boeing 777-200 Flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to
Beijing with 227 passengers, including two infants, from 14 different nationalities and 12 crew members disappeared at
0240 local time (23:10 IST) last night.
Malaysia Airlines said the last point of contact with the plane was approximately 120 nautical miles east of Kota Baru in South China Sea. The airlines group chief executive officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said a search and rescue mission had been
launched in the area after the aircraft lost contact.
Meanwhile, Malaysia Airlines is learnt to have informed family members of the passengers to gather at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport this evening with valid passports.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More