Five persons of a family were electrocuted when a bore well pipe they were trying to repair came in contact with an overhead high tension wire in a village in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh Friday morning.
Police said that farmer K Ramanna, his two sons Swamy and Brahmaiah, grandson Rajsekar and his cousin Virender died on the spot when the bore well pipe, which was being pulled out, touched an overhead high tension power line.
“When they were pulling the pipe up, they did not realise that there was a high tension power line above them. The pipe touched the live wire and they were electrocuted. Their bodies were so badly burnt that it was difficult to recognise them,’’ an official said.
Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu, currently in Japan, has ordered an inquiry into the incident.