Police have arrested the fourth accused in connection with the killing of an army jawan after he confronted eveteasers here. Chhavindra, a resident of Golabad, was arrested late last night at his home, Superintendent of Police Omprakash said today.
Three other accused – Akash Saini, Sanju and Satish Saini – were arrested on Saturday.
“With this, all the four main accused in the case have been arrested,” the SP said.
Police had said that the accused will be booked under the stringent National Security Act after the incident sparked widespread outrage.
- Sunjuwan attack: Five Armymen killed in Jammu camp attack, four of them from Kashmir
- Kasganj communal clash: Two more arrested, 29 accused charged with sedition
- Nine accused of raping minor blackmailed her with assault video, says police
- No fresh violence in Kasganj; operations intensified to nab 2 accused
- UP Governor Ram Naik calls Kasganj violence ‘shameful’, ‘blot’ on state
- Bajrang Dal man held as Muslim man still looks for Hindu wife a month after ‘abduction’
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had yesterday announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the family the soldier Vedmitra Chaudhury. Chaudhury, a Lance Naik in 416 Engineering Brigade, had gone to get milk from a booth on Rohtak Road in Hardevnagar when he saw some youths teasing the daughter of the booth owner.
He came to the girl’s rescue and even beat up one of the eve-teasers – Akash Saini, police said. Later, Akash called his friends, who arrived at the spot armed with sticks and assaulted Chaudhury, leaving him seriously injured.
The jawan, who was staying at Gopal Vihar with his wife and children, was admitted to Army Hospital where he succumbed to injuries on Friday night, police said.