The firing by Pakistani forces in the last 45 days was possibly the “heaviest” since the 1971 Indo-Pak war, the BSF said on Tuesday.
“Yes it is (the heaviest firing) for last so many years–I think may be after the 1971 war. 45 days is a very long period for this kind of thing to happen”, BSF Director General D K Pathak told reporters.
He was replying to a question from a journalist whether it is the heaviest firing one has seen along the border.
Giving details of the pattern of the firing, Pathak said “as you are aware the firing took place for the last 45 days, to be more precise since the first incident of sniper took place on July 17 when a jawan died in the incident. It lasted for about 10 days or so. Then, there was a brief lull. This month, there was firing through out the nights and some times during day time also”.
The firing from across the border on all posts is going on, he said adding firing is also targeting civilian areas.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Last year, such an incident had taken place in September and it lasted for 20 to 25 days but this time it was the heaviest”, he added.
The BSF chief said “we have retaliated effectively to the firing from across the border”.