Forty-four Keralite nurses from strife-torn Libya arrived in Kochi by a scheduled Emirates flight, airport officials said on Tuesday. The nurses were brought by bus from Tunisia to Dubai where they boarded a scheduled Emirates flight to Kochi at 3.30 AM, airport officials here said.
Indian nurses working at al-Jala hospital in Benghazi had requested for evacuation a day after Islamic militia officially declared control over the city.
Many nurses from Kerala had gone to Tripoli a year back and concern grew after militant groups fighting for control reached Tripoli and targeted the airport.
Parents of around 100 Keralite nurses met in Kottayam a few days back to seek government intervention in their safe return to their homeland. Also, Kerala minister Oommen Chandy had written to External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj to ensure a safe return of Indian nurses rescued from Libya.
Last month, 46 nurses, who were held captive by ISIS militants in Iraq returned home by a special Air India Flight bringing an end to their about month-long trauma.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked