An indefinite curfew was clamped in Borgang, a township in Sonitpur district in northern Assam, on Sunday afternoon following fresh incidents of violence after the police recovered decomposed bodies of four persons who were killed by miscreants on the Arunachal Pradesh boundary about four weeks ago. With these, the number of persons killed in the January 29 incident has risen to 15.
While the bodies were found after the police carried out a search inside the Behali reserved forest on the Assam-Arunachal boundary Saturday, local residents under Borgang and Jinjia police outposts Sunday blocked NH-15 and attacked several vehicles after the police handed over the bodies to their families.
“The police had to resort to a lathicharge to disperse the mob after they attacked and damaged at least two vehicles including one belonging to the police. We later imposed an indefinite curfew to bring the situation under control,” Sonitpur deputy commissioner Lalit Gogoi said over the telephone from Tezpur.
Gogoi said while bodies of 10 persons were recovered on January 29 after armed miscreants from across the inter-state boundary fired indiscriminately on a group of people inside the Behali reserved forest, four persons were reported missing.
“The were identified and confirmed to have been of the four missing persons.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More