Three visually impaired students of Greenfield School for Blind landed in hospital at Achampet in Kakinada on Monday morning, after their school coordinator mercilessly thrashed them for talking in class.
Horrifying visuals of the incident of corporal punishment, recorded on a mobile phone, were leaked out by a staff member, sparking outrage and protests.
School coordinator K V Rao thrashed the students, all below 10 years, with a cane, while they begged for mercy, pleaded that they would not talk in class again, fell on his feet and cried out loudly that they could not bear it anymore. But all the pleas merely fell on deaf ears.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Hearing the cries, an official said, other staff members rushed to the spot. By then the cane was broken and Rao had pinned down one of the students by his head to the floor.
According to school officials, the incident took place after a teacher complained to the principal K Srinivas on Monday morning, that three students were causing mischief in class. The principal handed the trio to Rao asking him to mete out punishment.
Later, with cuts and bruises, the traumatised kids were admitted to hospital.
Parents of the students who saw the visuals on a local news channel stormed to the school and roughed up coordinator Rao and principal Srinivas. Police have registered a case against the duo and have also arrested them.
According to Kakinada MLA P Ananta Lakshmi, the school coordinator is also visually impaired. She said, “The three children, all below 10 years, were mercilessly beaten by Rao. He was assisted by the principal who encouraged him.
Parents send these children to this special residential school thinking that it will take good care of them,’’ she said.
Meanwhile, Ravela Kishore Babu, Minister for Social Welfare and Empowerment, said he had directed the District Education Officer and District Collector to conduct an inquiry.