Three minor Dalit girls were allegedly gangraped by seven persons, including two minors, at Chirwari village in Zarifnagar police station of Badaun district Saturday afternoon.
Bareilly Range DIG R K S Rathore said the girls initially did not level gangrape charges and had alleged molestation, assault and that their clothes were torn off by the accused.
After the gangrape complaint, Rathore said he has asked the Badaun police to get the statements of the victims recorded before the magistrate and alter the case under relevant IPC sections accordingly.
According to police, the girls — aged 11, 14, and 16 — were working in the fields Saturday afternoon when three youths, Ajaypal Yadav, Avnesh Yadav, and a minor, all residents of neighbouring Singaula village, allegedly passed lewd comments and molested them.
Later, four associates of the accused, namely Surajpal Yadav, Karru, Swaraj, and another minor, also of Singaula, joined them and and beat up the girls, police said. Police said one of the girl’s brother, who rushed to their rescue, was also allegedly beaten up.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
An FIR was lodged at Zarifnagar police station on Saturday. While three persons were booked for molestation and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, four of them, who had beaten up the girls, were booked for assault, said Zarifnagar station officer Rajvir Singh. All seven accused have also been booked under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Police Tuesday arrested six of the accused, namely Ajaypal, Avnesh, Surajpal, Karru, Swaraj and one of the minors.
Badaun SSP LR Kumar said the girls and their family members did not allege rape in their complaint and did not say so even during their medical examination.
He said now the girls will be produced before a magistrate Wednesday to record their statement and FIRs will be altered according to their statements.