Three minor Dalit girls were allegedly gangraped by seven persons, including two minors, at Chirwari village in Zarifnagar police station of Badaun district Saturday afternoon.
Bareilly Range DIG R K S Rathore said the girls initially did not level gangrape charges and had alleged molestation, assault and that their clothes were torn off by the accused.
After the gangrape complaint, Rathore said he has asked the Badaun police to get the statements of the victims recorded before the magistrate and alter the case under relevant IPC sections accordingly.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to police, the girls — aged 11, 14, and 16 — were working in the fields Saturday afternoon when three youths, Ajaypal Yadav, Avnesh Yadav, and a minor, all residents of neighbouring Singaula village, allegedly passed lewd comments and molested them.
Later, four associates of the accused, namely Surajpal Yadav, Karru, Swaraj, and another minor, also of Singaula, joined them and and beat up the girls, police said. Police said one of the girl’s brother, who rushed to their rescue, was also allegedly beaten up.
An FIR was lodged at Zarifnagar police station on Saturday. While three persons were booked for molestation and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, four of them, who had beaten up the girls, were booked for assault, said Zarifnagar station officer Rajvir Singh. All seven accused have also been booked under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Police Tuesday arrested six of the accused, namely Ajaypal, Avnesh, Surajpal, Karru, Swaraj and one of the minors.
Badaun SSP LR Kumar said the girls and their family members did not allege rape in their complaint and did not say so even during their medical examination.
He said now the girls will be produced before a magistrate Wednesday to record their statement and FIRs will be altered according to their statements.