DMK MP Kanimozhi has filed a petition in the the Supreme Court for an urgent hearing on her plea to quash the charges framed against her in the 2G case.
In her plea, Kanimozhi said that two-and-a-half years have passed since she first moved the Delhi High Court and later the apex court seeking quashing of charges against her.
She said the trial before the Special CBI court was progressing on a day-to-day basis and any delay in hearing would render her plea infructuous.
Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK Chief Karunanidhi, said that in the absence of her plea not being heard at the earliest, she is “needlessly undergoing the agony of the trial”. “The continuance of the trial against her without any material basis would amount to abuse of process of law, and result in gross miscarriage and failure of justice,” her application said.
The apex court had earlier issued notice to the CBI on Kanimozhi’s petition seeking quashing of the charges against her. Initially, Kanimozhi and the other accused in the 2G case had moved the Delhi High Court seeking quashing of charges, but on a plea by the CBI, they were put on hold.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Kanimozhi had moved to the Supreme Court seeking quashing of the charges against her in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, claiming she has been falsely implicated in the case.
Kanimozhi had said that she was one of the directors of Kalaignar TV for two weeks June 6-20, 2007, when she resigned and had nothing to do with the channel’s financial transactions. The CBI alleged that the TV channel was the beneficiary of Rs 200 crore transaction in the 2G scam.