The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has issued fresh summons to DMK chief K Karunanidhi’s wife Dayalu Ammal in connection with its money laundering probe in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Ammal, 84, has been given an option to present her case through an authorised legal representative, in case she cannot come herself and answer questions of agency sleuths on March 28 here, sources said.
The agency, they said, wants to investigate the role of Ammal with regard to alleged channelling of Rs 200 crore to the DMK family-run Kalaignar TV through a circuitous route in which her daughter Kanimozhi and MD of the TV group Sharad Kumar are also accused.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
The DMK supremo’s wife has, however, denied any wrongdoing in this case.
A charge sheet in this case, under provisions of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), is pending at present.
The agency has already questioned Kanimozhi and former Telecom Minister A Raja in this regard.
Both the DMK leaders and others have been questioned by ED about the alleged transfer of Rs 200 crore to the TV channel, in which Kanimozhi and Sharad Kumar each hold 20 per cent stake.
ED had earlier also scrutinised documents related to both the DMK MPs’ incomes, properties and personal investments.
It had also initiated attachment proceedings under PMLA against other individuals and certain telecom firms involved in the case.
Besides the cases of Raja and Kanimozhi, a similar probe is underway under the provisions of the anti-money laundering Act against Asif Balwa, Director of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd, Rajeev Agarwal and Karim Murani of Cineyug Films (Pvt) Ltd.