BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Saturday told a Delhi court that he was collecting material in support of his petition seeking summoning of a written statement given by former Telecom Minister A Raja to JPC in connection with 2G scam.
Swamy told Special CBI Judge O P Saini that he had already received some documents while he would soon get more material to press for summoning of the then Finance Ministry officials — Sindhushree Khullar and Shyamala Shukla – as witnesses to explain file notings during the meetings which took place regarding allocation of 2G spectrum during Raja’s tenure.
He also sought adjournment of hearing on his plea which is scheduled on April 5, saying he was going to Gujarat during the period.
During the hearing, the special judge suggested Swamy that he was adjourning the matter “sine die” and asked him to move an appropriate application later after receiving the documents in support of his petition.
Swamy agreed to the suggestion by the judge after which the matter was adjourned “sine die”. Swamy had earlier argued that Raja’s statement to the JPC was an important piece of document to arrive at the truth and the logical conclusion in the 2G spectrum case.
He had also alleged that examination of witnesses of CBI was incomplete as they have not discussed the meetings regarding allocation of 2G spectrum.
He had said Raja’s statement to the JPC speaks about various meetings which took place regarding allocation and pricing of spectrum.
On May 4 last year, Swamy had approached the court saying, “In order to ensure that all aspects of the case are examined, actual culprits may be booked, tried and punished it is necessary to summon the complete written statement filed by A Raja before the JPC”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Swamy has sought summoning of Raja’s written statement to JPC Chairman P C Chacko along with the draft report of JPC, the draft report of the Public Accounts Committee and also Shukla, the then Director of Infrastructure, and Khullar, the then Additional Secretary of Economic Affairs Department, to ascertain the truth.