A special CBI court on Wednesday granted bail to former telecom minister A Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi and seven others in connection with a money laundering case related to the alleged 2G scam.
“I am satisfied that the accused have been successful in making out a case for bail, more so, when they are not in custody and sending them in custody again would serve no purpose in the eyes of law,” Special Judge O P Saini said.
The court also granted bail to DMK chief M Karunanidhi’s wife Dayalu Ammal in the case. The court however dismissed the plea of Ammal seeking discharge on the ground that she was not well.
The others who have been granted bail are Swan Telecom promoters Shahid Balwa and Vinod Goenka, directors of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd Asif Balwa and Rajiv Agarwal, Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar, Bollywood producer Karim Morani and P Amirtham. It has also asked them to furnish personal bond of Rs 5 lakh each with sureties in like amount.
The court observed that it finds no case of overwhelming evidence in favour of prosecution. The court also said the prosecution has not contended that the accused may repeat the offence of money laundering in foreseeable future.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The money laundering case relates alleged payment of Rs 200 crore to DMK-owned Kalaignar TV for grant of telecom licences to DB Group companies.
The ED has chargesheeted 10 individuals and nine firms in alleged money laundering case.