A special CBI court on Monday fixed April 4 for recording the statements of accused, including former Telecom Minister A Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi and some top corporates executives, in the 2G spectrum case.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini, who was scheduled to record the statements of the accused on Monday, posted it for April 4, saying “only half of the work is over” as preparing questions to be asked from the accused was a lengthy process. The judge, however, said he would give sets of questions to the accused on April 4 so that they could file their written response within a week.
“The other case (against promoters of Essar Group and Loop Telecom) is also listed for April 4. I will be done (preparing the questions) by then in both the cases. I will give the questions to both the parties and they will submit their written replies within one week,” the judge said.
The special judge also said, “I am trying to prepare the questions in such a manner that your (accused) work will be done in half-an-hour.” The court had on November 27, 2013, concluded recording of statements of CBI witnesses in the case after the deposition of CBI’s Superintendent of Police Vivek Priyadarshi, the chief investigating officer, got over.
The court has recorded statements of 153 CBI witnesses, including Reliance ADAG Chairman Anil Ambani, his wife Tina Ambani, former corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and Attorney General G E Vahanvati, running into over 4,400 pages in the case involving Raja and 16 others.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The court had also concluded recording of evidence of CBI witnesses in the case arising out of the investigation into the 2G scam involving the promoters of Essar Group, Loop Telecom and others.
During the recording of evidence in the case against promoters of Essar Group and Loop Telecom, the court has recorded statements of 95 CBI witnesses, running into 1,056 pages.