A 25-year-old woman was arrested on Thursday for allegedly killing her 32-year-old husband with a machete, which police said she used to inflict multiple wounds on his body including slitting his throat.
Kority alias Biaki and her husband Ram Mohan lived in Mualthuam village near Kawrthah town in Mizoram’s Mamit District.
The couple left their home to their farm on Wednesday without having had a meal and got into a quarrel in their hut, police said, adding it remained unclear what exactly caused Kority to attack her husband.
- Woman assaulted for objecting to less ration, dies on way to hospital
- Mumbai: 75-year-old found dead in Tilak Nagar, wife arrested
- Pregnant woman murdered in Thane: 9 days after husband’s arrest, 2 friends held
- Gujarat: Remains in backyard, woman under probe for 10 missing children
- Tamil Nadu: Pregnant woman riding pillion dies after police kicks her bike, cop arrested
- Kerala: Mother abandons 1-year-old child outside shopping centre, elopes with paramour
The couple has had a stormy relationship for some time.
She claimed during interrogation that her husband had tried to strangle her and that she retaliated with the machete.
Police at Kawrthah arrested Kority on Thursday morning after getting reports of the homicide.
Her husband’s body has been sent for post-mortem and the accused is scheduled to be presented before a court on Friday.