Twenty people have been taken into custody for questioning in connection with the murder of a local BJP leader here, police said on Wednesday.
Om Vir Singh ‘Fauji’, a retired army man who was the vice-president of BJP unit in Mirapur town, was shot dead by two assailants on Tuesday.
Circle Officer Mahesh Mishra said that 20 people have been taken into custody in connection with the murder and the accused will be arrested soon.
Police have registered a case against two unidentified persons in the case.
47-year-old Singh, who had a licensed revolver with him, had also fired back at the attackers but they snatched it from him. The criminals had shot Singh with his own revolver before fleeing with the weapon, they said. Following the incident, Singh’s family members and BJP workers had staged protests and blocked a road.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Security has been tightened in the area and extra police force deployed.