Twenty people have been taken into custody for questioning in connection with the murder of a local BJP leader here, police said on Wednesday.
Om Vir Singh ‘Fauji’, a retired army man who was the vice-president of BJP unit in Mirapur town, was shot dead by two assailants on Tuesday.
Circle Officer Mahesh Mishra said that 20 people have been taken into custody in connection with the murder and the accused will be arrested soon.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police have registered a case against two unidentified persons in the case.
47-year-old Singh, who had a licensed revolver with him, had also fired back at the attackers but they snatched it from him. The criminals had shot Singh with his own revolver before fleeing with the weapon, they said. Following the incident, Singh’s family members and BJP workers had staged protests and blocked a road.
Security has been tightened in the area and extra police force deployed.