The Centre Saturday directed NDRF to move forces to Manipur immediately for rescue and relief operations in landslide-affected areas where at least 20 people have lost their lives.
- Make public the peace accord signed with NSCN-IM, says Ibobi Singh
- Kiren Rijiju on blockade: Okram Ibobi govt cannot escape responsibility
- Manipur earthquake: 6 killed, 100 injured in pre-dawn tremor
- Northeast earthquake: New Delhi rushes in 83 rescuers, doctors on way
- Centre rushes NDRF teams for Manipur earthquake, Cabinet Secy chairs meeting of NCMC
- 9 killed, over 100 injured as strong quake hits North-East
Home Minister Rajnath Singh has spoken to Manipur CM Okram Ibobi Singh over phone and assured him all assistance to deal with the situation arising out of the landslides in Chandel district.
“We have directed the NDRF to immediately move forces to Manipur. They will start their work early morning tomorrow,” MoS, Home Affairs, Kiren Rijiju said. Rijiju is expected to visit Manipur on Monday to take stock of the situation there.