At least 20 persons were killed and seven injured when a bus fell into a gorge at Katarghat on Basantpur-Kingal highway, 65 km, on Tuesday afternoon.
The Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus carrying over 30 persons was on its way from Shimla to Sawerakhud when the accident took place, a senior police official said.
Seventeen bodies have so far been recovered and some morebodies are trapped in the wreckages of the bus, said SP, Shimla, D.W.Negi, who visited the spot.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The condition of the seven injured admitted in Indira Gandhi Medical College Hospital here was stated to be serious. The driver of the bus jumped out of the vehicle and was reported safe, Negi said. The bodies of the victims who are yet to be identified have been sent for postmortem.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh asked the Shimla district administration to conduct the relief and rescue operations on a war footing. The chief minister also visited IGMC and enquired about the condition of the injured persons. He asked the hospital administration to provide all possible medical help to the injured.