Nearly 40,000 villagers in 20 villages of Rahul Gandhi’s parliamentary constituency have given a call to boycott parliamentary elections demanding inclusion in neighbouring Sultanpur district.
The villagers claim they are at a distance of 8-12 km from Sultanpur while they have to travel 27-35 km to reach Gauriganj, the district headquarters of Amethi. “We have to change autorickshaw thrice to reach Gauriganj for work,” Harbhajan Singh, a native of Piparpur village, which has nearly 7,000 voters, said.
“We had held a meeting five days ago when we gave a poll boycott call. From next week, barriers will be erected in all villages to prevent entry of politicians,” he added. The villages include Khanapur, Lahna, Piparpur, Narbhanpur, Durgapur, Raipur and Sonari. The villages are part of Bhadar development block under Amethi tehsil.
The villagers claimed their demand was raised during the Assembly elections in 2012. “I am village pradhan for past 20 years of my village. We will not allow any leader, even Rahul Gandhi, to hold any meeting in our area. We had given several representations to Rahul also,” Anil Singh, village pradhan of Bhagipur village, said. Bhagipur is hardly 15 km from Sultanpur.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More