“Truck driver Heeralal Oraon (30) and labourer Nilesh Oraon (26) died while Ashok Oraon, Sureshwar Oraon, Sameer Oraon and Upendra Oraon were injured in crossfire between Maoists and the security forces at Marwai village early in the morning,” said Mritunjay Kumar, Superintendent of Police (Lohardaga district), who is also acting SP of Gumla district.
The Maoists ambushed a bauxite-laden truck with some labourers early Wednesday,” he said, adding, the injured were rushed to the nearby Bishanpur Community hospital.
The four seriously injured persons were referred to Rajendra Institute Medical Science in Ranchi, Kumar said.
He said the security personnel had information that the ultras would assemble on the spot and that they (personnel) wanted to stop them.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The crossfire began when the ultras opened fire, forcing the security personnel to retaliate.
Kumar said the mineral belonged to Gurdari Mines. Senior police officials including DIG (Ranchi) Praveen Kumar Singh have reached the spot to investigate the incident.