Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) President Sukhbir Singh Badal today said his party would rake up the 1984 anti-Sikh riots issue during the Lok Sabha polls.
“The 1984 riots will be an issue which will be raked up by SAD,” he told reporters here. “SAD will keep raking up this issue till family members of the victims get justice,” he said. When asked about former Congress MP Jagdish Tytler withdrawing his nomination from the ‘primaries’ for the Northeast Delhi Lok Sabha seat yesterday, Sukhbir said it was a “drama” enacted by Congress.
“Everybody knows that Tytler was one of the culprits in the 1984 riots,” he said, adding that “Congress had always defended him (Tytler).” SAD had earlier announced that the main plank of the party for the polls will be development.
Taking a dig at Punjab Congress Chief Partap Singh Bajwa, he said “Bajwa had been rejected by the entire Congress leadership in Punjab.” “People are fed up of Congress and wants to get themselves disassociated from the party,” he said.
On Peoples Party of Punjab (PPP) supremo Manpreet Singh Badal’s declaration to contest against sitting SAD MP and his wife Harsimart Kaur from Bathinda, Sukhbir said, “Earlier, Manpreet’s father had contested against Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in the assembly polls and lost badly.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“PPP has been rejected by the people of the state. I only wish Manpreet good luck,” he said. Harsimrat is seeking re-election from Bathinda. He dismissed contention that certain Akali leader feel dejected due to Congressmen joining SAD.
“Local leaders of Akali Dal are not unhappy with Congressmen from their areas joining the Akalis,” he said.