Seventeen persons were killed and twelve seriously injured when a bus fell 400 mts deep into a gorge near village Milla of Sirmaur district, 110 Km from here, on Monday afternoon.
Seven persons died on the spot, two on way to hospital while eight persons succumbed to their injuries in hospital at Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur SP Sumedha told PTI. All the bodies have been recovered and ten out of seventeen victims identified.
The injured were rushed to nearby Shillai hospital and shifted to Sub Divisional hospital, Paonta Sahib, after administering first aid. The condition of five injured persons was stated to be critical and they are being referred to PGI, Chandigarh.
The bus was on its way from Milla to Paonta Sahib when the tragedy struck. The deceased were identified as Dimple (12), Attar Singh (38), Nisha (35), Vir Singh (37), Santosh (17), Chander Kala (17), Tapender (14) Jayanti Devi (40), Khajan Singh and Santo (45) while seven dead are yet to be identified.
Seventeen persons have been admitted to hospital at Poanta while four were admitted at Shillai. A magisterial inquiry has been ordered to ascertain the cause of the accident.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Most of the accident victims hail from Milla and Magnal village while one of the deceased was from village Phadog.