Seventeen persons were killed and twelve seriously injured when a bus fell 400 mts deep into a gorge near village Milla of Sirmaur district, 110 Km from here, on Monday afternoon.
Seven persons died on the spot, two on way to hospital while eight persons succumbed to their injuries in hospital at Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur SP Sumedha told PTI. All the bodies have been recovered and ten out of seventeen victims identified.
The injured were rushed to nearby Shillai hospital and shifted to Sub Divisional hospital, Paonta Sahib, after administering first aid. The condition of five injured persons was stated to be critical and they are being referred to PGI, Chandigarh.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The bus was on its way from Milla to Paonta Sahib when the tragedy struck. The deceased were identified as Dimple (12), Attar Singh (38), Nisha (35), Vir Singh (37), Santosh (17), Chander Kala (17), Tapender (14) Jayanti Devi (40), Khajan Singh and Santo (45) while seven dead are yet to be identified.
Seventeen persons have been admitted to hospital at Poanta while four were admitted at Shillai. A magisterial inquiry has been ordered to ascertain the cause of the accident.
Most of the accident victims hail from Milla and Magnal village while one of the deceased was from village Phadog.